Your bank and insurance provider can help you manage and protect your business.
But distinguishing between different business bank accounts or insurance policies isn’t always obvious.
That’s why we have have put together a list of services specially designed for contractors.
These aren’t your only options and we are happy to work with you if you already have your banking and insurance sorted.
who we work with
Tide & Cashplus
As a limited company, you’ll need a business bank account to separate your business and personal finances.
Things to consider when choosing a business bank account:
- interest rates
- facilities, such as overdrafts
- monthly fees
- how much support you want
Safeguarding your business against risk is important because although disputes are rare, they can be expensive.
The following types of insurance are vital for limited company contractors:
- Professional indemnity insurance will protect you if an error or omission in your services causes third-party financial losses.
- Public liability insurance protects you if clients or members of the public suffer personal injury or property damage because of your business.
Banks we work with
We have teamed up with a number of banks – all of which can get you set up in a few minutes with little paperwork.
Although they may not be a household name (yet), the Tide tribe is swelling – 1 in 12 business current accounts are with the online-only bank.
Benefits of using Tide:
- no subscription fees
- free card usage
- free transfers between Tide accounts
- 20p/transfer for non-Tide accounts
- £1 for cash withdrawals
- your first 100 transactions are free for WIS clients
Use our promo code: WISACCOUNTS
Find out more
The award-winning business current account from Cashplus is tailored to limited company contractors.
Advantages of using Cashplus:
- manage your account on any device 24/7
- integrated with major accountancy packages
- UK customer services
- annual fee of just £69
- no charges for inbound transfers or setting up direct debits
- free UK card purchases
As a subsidiary of Santander, Cater Allen has extensive experience in providing specialised accounts for contractors.
Reasons for using Cater Allen:
- no opening balance is required when setting up with WIS
- free banking
- higher interest rates if you deposit funds for longer
Revolut Ltd is a UK financial technology company that offers banking services including a pre-paid debit card, currency exchange, cryptocurrency exchange and peer-to-peer payments. The Revolut mobile app supports spending and ATM withdrawals in 120 currencies and sending in 29 currencies directly from the app
Advantages of Using Revolut
- 6 Months Free
- Promo Code: WIS_ACC
insurers we work with
We partner with various providers to offer you a flexible range of insurance.
Qdos specialise in insurance for contractors and understand tax and IR35 legislation inside out. As well as professional indemnity and public liability insurance, Qdos also offers tax enquiry and sickness cover.
The Kingsbridge insurance package is custom-made to meet the demands of contractors and freelancers.
The policy offers 5 insurance products in the same package for a competitive price.
Maximise how much
you can borrow using
your day rate.
You’re a contractor, not a tax specialist so we take away the hassle.
Pensions & Investments
Build your wealth
and save for
Tax-efficient Life Insurance and Critical Illness Insurance for Contractors